This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)
Learn about the dua for protection from evil eye and its harms. Find out how this dua can help you prevent and cure the effects of evil eye on yourself and your loved ones.
Dua for Protection from Evil Eye
An act of intentionally causing harm to another person with one’s gaze is known in Arabic as al ayn (the evil eye). Here are some prayers (dua) to ward against the evil eye, as practiced by the Prophet Muhammad SAW.
When someone develops a case of the evil eye, it’s because he or she has become obsessed with the object of their jealousy and can’t stop staring at it.
Dua Against the Evil Eye
You can use the following duas to ward against the evil eye:
أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّةِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ
A’udhu bi kalimat-illah il-tammati min sharri ma khalaq.
I want to protect myself from the evil of what Allah has created by taking refuge in flawless words.
Interested in Learning Quran online with a native Arabic Speaker?
Take a look at our incredible 1 to 1 online Quran courses below:
- Online Arabic Language Course
- Online Islamic Studies Course
- Online Quran Ijazah Course
- Online Quran Memorization Course
- Online Quran Recitation Course (With Tajweed)
- Online Quran Reading Course (Quran Reading Basics)
Every course is specially designed & tailored to help you learn Quran and Arabic the right way by well-educated native Arabic Speakers, in the comfort of your home, and fits your own busy schedule.
Without further ado, let’s get you started today… Apply to our courses NOW and GET a Free Trial
Check our fees and get up to 20% discount for families or a minimum group of 3 participants.
Presented to you by Quran Treasure Academy
Instructions on How to Perform Each Step of This Dua:
- First, make sure you perform wudu correctly. “Allah (SWT) does not intend for you to be troubled in any way; rather, He intends to cleanse you and perfect the benefit that He has bestowed upon you so that you may express gratitude to Him.” (Quran, 5:6)
- After then, you need to do the Niiyah, outlined below.
- After that, recite the Ruqyah aloud while offering TWO RAKAT SALAT.
- Now recite both of the Duas that were presented earlier one hundred times.
- After that, spray the water from the Zamzam bottle into each and every corner and crevice of your home.
- Ayat al-Kursi should be recited as the final step.
Always keep in mind what Allah SWT advises, and perform this ritual with total confidence in the almighty Allah Tala for a period of fifteen days in accordance with the prescribed schedule.
Symptoms of Evil Eyes
Before we offer any dua, we feel it is important to share certain warning signs of the evil eye so you can determine for yourself if you are a victim. As much as we can, we hope to assist you. Some of the indicators are as follows:
- Regular headaches
- Act irritable all the time (In our experience, people who are cursed by the evil eye seem to be more prone to outbursts.)
- dislike the idea of working in any capacity
- Living in constant terror (After being cursed by the evil eye, you’ll have an irrational fear that won’t go away.)
- Feeling ill (If you’ve been under an evil eye’s spell for a long time, you’re likely to fall unwell or contract an illness.)
- There is nothing good in life
Niyyah (Intention, Why You Are Performing This Dua)
Your servant asks for your assistance, AR-RAHMAN. AL-AZEEZ (The All Mighty) To protect myself from harm, I plan on reciting a dua. If my prayer for fortitude is accepted, please strengthen me. AL-KHALIQ (The Creator, The Maker) You are a kind person, I know.
To you, all my prayers are accepted, and I know that you will pardon me for my sins. AR-RAZZAAQ (The Provider) My mind is completely halal, and my motives are crystal clear (Pure) while I perform this dua. You should give me all of your kindness.
To perform this on another person, place your palm on their forehead (mahram only) or the affected area, repeat the verses, and blow on them.